Hey Friends & Fam,
I know you've all been curious and praying for us this weekend so I wanted to at least blog something about our trip to keep you updated... we are so wiped out. Not sure if I explained to you all what it's like to interview at a church, but for those of you who've been through the "gauntlet" understand what I mean. It was a non-stop weekend of being "on" for pastors, students, adult leaders, etc. from Saturday night to Tuesday afternoon. We were booked out almost every hour in interviews. I'm so tired of talking about myself and getting asked the same questions. :) And you all know us... introverts to a T, so all of this people time has drained us.
Let me start by saying... The whole weekend almost didn't happen. Saturday Amanda dropped us off at the airport. We got there an hour early. And when we approached the counter to check our bags, Jake reached in his pocket and noticed he didn't have his wallet. No I.D. to check in. He had left it at home! I didn't know what we were going to do with an hour to our flight and 35 minutes from home (where Jake's wallet was). Ugh. I could have killed him. I had to call Jim at Central and explain that we'd be missing our flights and would try and jump on the next flight so we wouldn't miss any of the meetings he had set up. It cost us $100 extra, Amanda alot of gas, and we arrived in Phoenix 3 hours later. Looking back now, it really wasn't a big deal. They weren't upset about it at all. At the moment, I was so stressed about making a good impression I reacted as if the world was going to end. We made it and everything was ok.
So how did it go?
It went great. We had such a fun time. The people there are awesome. We love what the church stands for and really line up with the ministry that they are a part of in Gilbert and Mesa. I wasn't sure about how I'd survive living in Arizona (it can be alot of farmlands and HEAT), but it actually was ok once I found the nail salons, AC, and mall! :) The youth ministry was fun - teens are the same anywhere you go. :) We made some great connections and feel like we could definitely contribute to what they were doing there for the youth. But they have not offered me a job yet. Basically this weekend was all about connecting and checking each other out. I was shopping them as much as they were shopping me.
So now... we pray. They pray. We wait on God's leading. There are still questions Jake and I are waiting on God to answer for us personally. We're in a process. Central should be calling me back within a week or so to let us know where they're at and to see where we're at after having some time away and getting to pray and evaluate where we feel God is calling us. That's it. :)
Thank you thank you thank you soooo much for your love and support... and especially your prayers. We are so blessed to have such rich friendships and an incredibly supportive family. I will keep you posted as things are revealed. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment