Monday, June 23, 2008

Jr. High Camp

Can you say hyper? Here are some pics from our trip last week. It was a blast.

One thing before the pics, I haven't been around 11-13 year olds in a while. It totally cracked me up how the girls in my cabin talked about "training bras but wanting to be Double D's" and "getting their period" and watching me get ready everyday, asking me what kind of makeup I use and copying the way that I roll my jeans. They are so dang cute. Also, 2 girls with ADHD forgot their meds in my cabin. Phew. It was a long hyper week! :)


Me and the girl leaders from our church. This guy was soooo spooky at night. LOL


The theme of the camp was "Vision Dew" --- like Mountain Dew theme. So we did all kinds of challenges like "What Would You Do For A Dew?" You'll see below. Here's my team... Team Pepsi!

Jake was on team Barq's. Isn't he cute? He is so great with Jr. Highers. He's a kid magnet.


I got to speak a couple of mornings. Lots of fun. Gosh, I look so intense.


Some of these girls were in my cabin. By the way, my cabin was 4 walls and bunk beds. Can you say stinky? We had to treck out to the bathrooms and showers but the boys had them in their cabins! And for the first 2 nights, they didn't have hot water. The pilot light blew out. Yuck.

The band.


I caught Scott (my boss) taking this pic. Funny.


Ok so "What Would You Do For A Dew?"
This game was called "Toe-stidos". Mind you, this was at the end of the week with funky jr. highers. The girls had to stick their feet into nacho cheese, roll them around in chips, and then the boys had to eat them off ---- for a Mountain Dew! What it's like to be young and carefree! JK Seriously gross.

1 comment:

Alison Wills said...

Ewww, thats so gross!!! Have I gotten so old that the thought of having someone lick my toes is nauseating (sp?)???....lol!