Monday, March 2, 2009

Health "Challenge"

So I feel like I'm on an episode of The Office - remember that one where they all run a marathon together? Well, that's my work right now. We have a guy on staff that runs all of our sports ministries and he's also a nutritionist and personal trainer. At our last all staff meeting he talked to us about getting healthier. He talked about how God could use us more to help others if we weren't always tired, run down, or on the verge of getting sick because we were not taking care of our bodies. He posed a challenge to all of us to sign up for a 3 month Health Challenge where he would provide us with tools and accountability to get healthier. Crazy me, I signed up.

The first meeting was last Monday and I had to have 5 goals, a food journal, and an accountability partner ready to go. We started today, so I spent the entire weekend consuming all of the junk I could possibly find because I will miss it so much for the next 3 months. JK We get a cheat day every week. So now if I can only hold on until Friday...

And someone evil left chunky chocolate chip cookies in the staff kitchen! Errr! Sabotage.

1 comment:

chantel said...

hahaha. hardcore. we're doing that at our church too for a few months...poor american's...so flabby....