Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Indulgences

I'm sure you're all thinking, "It's only May, it's not summer yet!" Yes, but you forget I 'chose' to move to the sunny (h-o-t) state of Arizona, and it's been over 100 degrees here a couple of times a week for the past month or so. Plus, all of my kids are out for summer break already!

So it's summer to me - probably "summer" for a very LONG time. Pray for me! I feel like an unsuspecting lobster in a heating up pot of water getting ready to boil. Below are a couple of things I've found that have been so much fun to help me enjoy this sunny weather and keep me entertained...

#1 - Jake and I bought patio furniture. I'd like to call our backyard "Fiesta Manor Oasis". :) I imagine myself sipping a cool drink and reading a book (see last pic) while working on my tan. When we got to the Target counter to purchase these, the lady just laughed and asked if we were from out of state. She had to "inform us" that no one hangs outside in the summer in Arizona. Oh well, we've used it once and it was fun!





See that green snake thing below? It's a stand up mister that sprays water in 2 different directions. So cool to have when laying out.




I cannot be more jazzed about the product below. I can no longer hide hairy legs under pants, it's too hot! This has been a life saver for all of the shaving I have to do to wear shorts, skirts, and dresses. It's a razor with the shaving cream built into it! It makes shaving like half the time, and is way easier to pack for all of the traveling I do back and forth to SoCal and for youth camps.



I don't read books that are stories or biographies (just cuz I can't get into them), but this book has totally kept my attention! My friend Mandy recommended it to me and I am hooked! Probably because it is a mindless read and Tori Spelling's humor is so much like my friend Ali who always makes me laugh with her witty comments (Ali, this one's for you!). It takes me back to my "Bev Night" days... (I used to have friends over every Wed night in High School to watch 90210 & Melrose Place).


2 comments:

chantel said...

fiesta manor oasis! yes!

Jon Moton said...

this was truly entertaining! hang in there sistah Bri!