
120 students, 26 adults, 12 vans, band, speaker, and a Glowfest Dance Party.
We're off to Pine Summit Camp in Prescott to hang with our High School students this weekend! I'm hoping some of them will meet God and leave with changed lives and life-long friendships. This has been the funnest experience planning a camp and I feel grateful to my counterpart Jared and all of our volunteer leaders who are giving up time and SLEEP to hang with our crazy teens this weekend. There's just no substitute for the camp experience and we try to do it BIG. I look back on times I went to camp as a student and find deeply treasured memories and friendships I value more than ever today.
Our theme this year is X. Like a math equation: 2+2 = X
Find the value of X.
We want the kids to understand that our lives (X) are unknown variables until we find our purpose in God. I think we're all gonna learn alot.
Let's also not forget that we're having a HUGE glow-in-the-dark neon dance party called Glowfest. We're bound to create some pretty fun memories.
Wish me luck! I'm bringing 2 cases of Red Bull for me and my leaders. haha
Pictures to come next week.
1 comment:
Sounds like so much fun!!! You were in my dream last night and I woke up so happy....just because I got to hang out with you and we were having so much fun (just like in real life :)..love you, have fun this weekend, and happy early birthday!!! oxooxox
Post a Comment