


I have a small group of 10 senior girls that I've been mentoring since they were freshmen. We've met every Wednesday night for 4 straight years. We've been through alot together... loss of our pastor, brain tumor, DUI, pregnancy and abortion, alcoholic parent, love, heartbreak, friendship, division, Homecoming queen, contestant on Jeopardy. It's been a long and crazy road. Right now I'm lucky if I can get 3 of them to show up on a Wednesday due to graduation busyness or straying from faith or issues within the group. All I want is for our last night together to be amazing. I'm working on it.
Tonight, Mollie taught from Matthew 5:9 and Romans 14:19
"Blessed are the peacmakers, for they will be called sons of God."
"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutal edification."
Talk about God talking straight to my heart. So sweet and so amazing.
Two girls showed up tonight that both had been "done" with their best friendship. After this lesson, they stayed back and we got to talk about what happened. I think it's a bit repaired now. God is awesome in the way that He works! Love how His timing is always perfect.
2 comments:
Thats's so awesome...I wish we had a group to hang out with for the four years we were in high school, but you know, we had each other, and I think that that is awesome! You are an amazine mentor to young women...good for you for helping them through, literally, the toughest years of their life!!
I love you Bri! I can't believe what's happened to our small group! They make me want to scream - but I'll just keep praying for them :)
Post a Comment