Thursday, February 21, 2008

24 Days and Counting...

It's almost here! I don't have much to blog about today. I'm training and praying that my new Nike Plus shoes come in the mail soon!

For those of you who don't know, Jake got me a gift card to Nike for new running shoes for my birthday. They go with the Nike Plus thingy (see my past blog about it) that will connect with my iPod nano. In a nutshell, it'll be fun. The only prob is... I can't use the gift card anywhere except at a Nike store. Jake and I went to Sports Authority so I could try on some shoes and I found some that I loved. Guess what? When we drove out to the only Nike store (an outlet) in timbuktu, guess which shoes they didn't have? Yeah. So we came home and bought shoes I wanted online... but guess what? The color I wanted is now discontinued. So bummed.
I bought the shoes online (not the right color but I'll deal) and now I wait. Cross your fingers with me for those to come in the mail no later than Monday. My only fear, I get these cool shoes in the mail after all of this training, do the 1/2 marathon, and then never use them again. Hopefully I'll still keep running. Honestly, running is still not my favorite thing. I'm learning so much about discipline in this training - doing something I don't like because there's a benefit (becoming a better runner). I wish I could just show up to the marathon and do it. Unfortunately, that's not how anything works. There's always pain for gain. Running. I don't hate it. I'm not in love with it. But I'm having fun in this challenge. I guess that's all that matters.

No comments: