Phew. It is so hard to juggle running and visiting people I only see maybe twice a year. As you know, I ran Monday. I also ran Wednesday with my friend Erin. And then, nothing. I was so busy I couldn't fit in another run. Such a bummer. Even more of a bummer (but very sweet), check out this email that my friend Karen sent me...
Bri,
Merry almost Christmas!!! Hope you guys are enjoying the season. I wanted to let you know I'm enjoying reading your blog. I've done 4 half marthons over the past couple years, also using Hal's training program. All the training and hard work is worth it, when you cross the finish line it is one of the best feelings ever!!! So enjoy!!! And let me tell you the blisters aren't the worst part, it's the blisters that form under your toenails that make them turn colors and fall off.
Merry Christmas
Karen
Karen, I totally think of you on my runs. Thanks for being a bit of my inspiration. Let me tell you, I did not know that that nasty stuff happens to your toenails and I haven't experienced it yet. GROSS! I'm actually off to the Bellagio (uppity nail salon) tonight to get a pedi and I'm already nervous about what they'll think of my blisters. Yuck. I'm sorry I couldn't see you while I was down. I miss you and hope all is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment