Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why Am I Running?

That was a huge question for me tonight as I ran my 5 at the gym. What the heck? Why am I doing this? What benefit am I gaining from killing myself over this? I'm not losing any weight... at all. I'm not doing it to maintain cute feet --- they are so ugly right now with blisters and callouses. I'm not addicted to running yet. I thought that was supposed to happen. I'm not doing this because it's my favorite thing to do --- in fact, I have so many other things that are taking a back seat to this. Running's not very fun --- it's hard and monotonous.

Why am I doing this? Just to do it I guess.

I'm having one of those nights.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ok. You're question is probably retorical, but im answering anyway. Not to long after you started training you said how you you were learning from this new experience. I tried to find where you said that, but i couldn't it's somewhere in December or January, i think. In addition to this being a learning experience, a friend asked you to run with her knowing that it would be challenging and so you could have a sense of adventure together. So that is what I have to say about that. :)

Megan J